Thursday, March 5, 2015

Happy Holi // Spring is on it's way!



It has been one year. One year ago I came back from an amazing trip through the Backwaters of Kerala India and I just missed out on celebrating Holi in this amazing colorful country. But luckily I live in a neighborhood where a lot of Hindu people live. The Hague is THE city to celebrate Holi when you live in the Netherlands. I am very excited to be part of this amazing celebration again this year.

Of course you might all know that I adore India. So I had to post a little something about this celebration of spring and India's most crazy festival of the year. A few snaps I took on my trip last year when I traveled through the beautiful lush Backwaters of Southern India. Where I met some amazing inspiring people. Where a Holy man told me to never wait for a man while visiting the temples of Madurai. Where a another woman at the temple told me I would be having 6 kids. Where I visit a little village where some never saw white men before. Where I spotted some amazing wild elephants. Where I spend the night on a little island, listening to the animals until I fell asleep. Where I encountered some strange looking yellow cows, they were cleansed with turmeric. Where I enjoyed an amazing train ride through the foggy mountains of Ooty. And there was so much more...

But back to the reason I am typing this. Tomorrow the Holi festival will be celebrated. A festival without borders. Hindi people all over the world will play with colors, sing, dance, light bonfires and celebrate the victory of good over evil. It is a way to bring people together, it still binds them in their roots. I love the Holi tradition and wish you all a happy Holi festival this year!